[vdr] Replay Problems with Extension HD

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Wed Oct 13 20:55:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Vesa wrote:

> Similar delay as on ttxsubtitles would be nice addition to VDR. Separate and
> additional delay for live and record play modes. Suitable range would be 0 -
> 10s.

Well, IMO that delay code in the ttxtsubs plugin should be removed when
PTS code has been merged into the repo.

> This would fix also other issue than "non working output". Sometimes

How about adding a STC offset setting in these "non working output"
plugins with a little help of latest PCR value and the system clock?

> My opinion is that there is several reason to add DVB subtitle delay setting
> to VDR menu. To fix non working output devices and to fix temporally miss
> aligned subtitles. This feature is similar as Lipsync set on all modern AV
> devices. Audio should be in sync with video, but sometimes it is not. It is
> good to have lipsync on menu for fixing this temporal but totally annoying
> issue.

I'm against these kind of dirty hacks in the official VDR code tree, but
the current dvbsubtitles code in VDR could be refactored to be
replaceable with a plugin. Afterwards the reel plugin could reimplement
it with any hacks needed.

BR,
--
rofa