[vdr] TS to chinapod

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Thu Oct 14 15:08:00 CEST 2010

 From the VDR's INSTALL file:

"Executing commands before and after a recording:

You can use the '-r' option to define a program or script that gets called
before and after a recording is performed, and after an editing process
has finished.

The program will be called with two string parameters. The first parameter
is one of

   before      if this is *before* a recording starts
   after       if this is *after* a recording has finished
   edited      if this is after a recording has been *edited*

and the second parameter contains the full name of the recording's
directory (which may not yet exists at that moment in the "before" case).
In the "edited" case it will be the name of the edited version.

Within this program you can do anything you would like to do before and/or
after a recording or after an editing process. However, the program must
return
as soon as possible, because otherwise it will block further execution
of VDR.
Be especially careful to make sure the program returns before the watchdog
timeout you may have set up with the '-w' option! If the operation you
want to
perform will take longer, you will have to run it as a background job.
"