[vdr] Request - support for ATSC type channel numbers

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Fri Oct 15 15:38:59 CEST 2010

Not sure if in Euroland, you're aware of how US digital is working and
whether it's possible to support the US/ATSC channel number system.

Essentially what's happening is a channel will appear on a frequency,
then each sub channel is appending to the frequency number with either a
. or a -.  So, my ABC local channel is on 17.  The main channel has a
sid of 1, so the channel number is 17.1 or 17-1.  They also have a
network called MyNetwork, which has a sid of 2, so comes in as 17-2.

Just to confuse matters, the 17 is actually the frequency of their old
over the air frequency, they actually come in on a different frequency
but have a virtual channel number of 17.

The SD channels come in essentially as the same, but with a 2 stuck at
the beginning, so 217.1 is ABC in SD.

My normal TV when channel scanning mixes analog cable channels with
digital ones.  So old channels are on 2, 3, 4 up to 66, then ATSC
channels appear starting on 13.1, 13.2, with 14 being an NTSC analog
channel.

(This is for Clear-QAM, although ATSC ota has the same type of numbering.).

Anyway, is there anyway of getting VDR to support a sub channel number
with a dash or period?
--

Rob Davis