[vdr] VDR 1.7.15 + DXR3 lockup problem

Teemu Suikki tsuikki at zuik.org
Wed Oct 27 16:49:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have VDR 1.7.15 with two DVB-T budget cards and DXR3 video output..

I'm experiencing wierd lockups sometimes. I think there might be a
hardware problem that really causes it, because even with earlier VDR
versions I sometimes had "dead" dvb cards that needed a reboot to
fix.. But this was easily fixed by "reboot" command in runvdr script,
so the machine booted when vdr did emergency exit.

Anyway the current problem is that "emergency exit" doesn't really exit!

Oct 27 17:39:09 vdr vdr: [3215] ERROR: video data stream broken
Oct 27 17:39:09 vdr vdr: [3215] initiating emergency exit
Oct 27 17:39:40 vdr vdr: [3215] ERROR: video data stream broken
Oct 27 17:39:40 vdr vdr: [3215] initiating emergency exit
Oct 27 17:40:11 vdr vdr: [3215] ERROR: video data stream broken

This is just repeated over and over, but it doesn't really exit. It
actually needs "killall -9 vdr" to quit vdr, normal kill isn't enough.

What's interesting, DXR3 output is stuck showing "Kanava ei ole
käytettävissä" (Channel can't be used?) on black screen, and remote
control doesn't work either.. So VDR is probably stuck in some
deadlock? It doesn't use very much CPU time though.

If I disable emergency exit, it simply stays stuck with dead remote
and black screen etc. :)

It might be a dxr3 problem, or what do you think? On my earlier setup
with VDR 1.4.x, the same "video data stream broken" resulted in clean
emergency exit, no such deadlock..

--
Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/