[vdr] vdr-1.7.15 problem with live TV [1.7.11 or older OK]

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Sep 1 11:20:53 CEST 2010

> The only place where a 3 second timeout plays a role that also
> might cause a channel to become unavailable is in cDevice::Action(),
> under
>
>  // Check whether the TS packets are scrambled:
>
> Maybe some packets have the TS_SCRAMBLING_CONTROL bits set here.
> This could be caused by recording the PCR packets since version 1.7.12.
> To debug this, just disable this check, and/or put in some debug
> printouts.

I've added some markers in device.c as per:
                 // Check whether the TS packets are scrambled:
                 bool DetachReceivers = false;
                 bool DescramblingOk = false;
                 int CamSlotNumber = 0;
                 if (startScrambleDetection) {
                    cCamSlot *cs = CamSlot();
                    CamSlotNumber = cs ? cs->SlotNumber() : 0;
                    if (CamSlotNumber) {
                       bool Scrambled = b[3] & TS_SCRAMBLING_CONTROL;
                       int t = time(NULL) - startScrambleDetection;
                       if (Scrambled) {
                        printf("scramble detect ONE");
                          if (t > TS_SCRAMBLING_TIMEOUT)
                             DetachReceivers = true;
                          }
                       else if (t > TS_SCRAMBLING_TIME_OK) {
                        printf("scramble detect TWO");
                          DescramblingOk = true;
                          startScrambleDetection = 0;
                          }
                       }
                    }

Am getting lots of "scramble detect ONE" messages as per above.......

Now what?