[vdr] check cam status [writing plugin help needed]

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Sep 1 22:20:58 CEST 2010

>> I'd like to write a plugin which can provide the displayed Setup>CAM
>> status via an SVDRP command, and maybe check the CAM menu can be
>> accessed.

Had no response on this - guess we have no plugin writers with time on their
hands to help?

Can I use these functions in ci.h?

  virtual bool Reset(int Slot) = 0;
       ///< Resets the CAM in the given Slot.
       ///< Returns true if the operation was successful.
  virtual eModuleStatus ModuleStatus(int Slot) = 0;
       ///< Returns the status of the CAM in the given Slot.

I just need a very simple svdrp plugin that will 1) check the status of a
CAM in a given slot via an svdrp command   and 2) reset that cam via another
svdrp command

What core vdr files do I need to include?  How do I reference or call
functions within those core files?