[vdr] New ATSC Video Type 0x80?

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Fri Sep 3 06:20:19 CEST 2010

I am trying to get my head around ATSC / AC3 and have discovered some
ATSC Clear Qam channels disappear when update channels is on.  Some
playing around with pat.c and the isyslog command, I have discovered
they appear to have a different type than normal.. Normally Mpeg2 is
type 2, but these are 0x80?  I notice they do the same thing with AC-3
(0x81 instead of 6) so probably something similar is going on.

Sep  2 23:11:29 oac vdr: [5815] pat.c     stream type = 80, pid = 2240
Sep  2 23:11:29 oac vdr: [5815] pat.c     stream type = 81, pid = 2241
Sep  2 23:11:29 oac vdr: [5815] pat.c wants to update channel
Sep  2 23:11:29 oac vdr: [5815] changing pids of channel 355 from
0+0=0:0;2241=@106:0:0 to 2240+2240=128:0;2241=@106:0:0

If hard coded with vpid and pid of 2240=2 and update channels of, then
the picture shows.

I will attempt to diagnose tomorrow, probably by adding another Case
0x80 under Case 2 in pat and remux but wanted to point this out for
future reference as I know most of the development is done outside of
the ATSC world..

Then it's back to working out why my pvr-hd ac-3 (h264 and ac3 @ 720p)
don't work in vdr-xine and xbmc/vnsi..  (although do work in
vdr-xineliboutput and xbmc/streamdev..)

--

Rob Davis