[vdr] New ATSC Video Type 0x80?

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Fri Sep 3 07:09:16 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Rob Davis wrote:

> I will attempt to diagnose tomorrow, probably by adding another Case 0x80
> under Case 2 in pat and remux but wanted to point this out for future
> reference as I know most of the development is done outside of the ATSC
> world..

If you'll take a look at the table 7.4 in ANSI/SCTE 57, you'll see
that the stream type 0x80 is DigiCipher2 video and 0x81 is used for
AC-3:

http://www.scte.org/documents/pdf/standards/ANSISCTE572003DVS507.pdf

IMO, the current "channel->IsAtsc()" check in pat.c should be replaced
with a stream identification via the registration descriptor.

> Then it's back to working out why my pvr-hd ac-3 (h264 and ac3 @ 720p) don't
> work in vdr-xine and xbmc/vnsi..  (although do work in vdr-xineliboutput and
> xbmc/streamdev..)

I guess XBMC/VNSI is using their own PMT parser, so you'll have to add
these same hacks into them.

BR,
--
rofa