[vdr] vdr conference streaming

martinez at embl.de martinez at embl.de
Mon Sep 6 20:41:22 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am a happy vdr user (vdr 1.7.15 with a DVB-S2 card)

I also happen to be member of an organization that promotes Open Source
(so we should set an example) and we want to stream a conference we are
organizing.

I thought perhaps setting up vdr with a webcam and perhaps vdr-xine or
streamdev would do the job?

The idea is that multiple clients across the country would be able to see
more or less in real time what is going on.

The video does not have to be HD or otherwise impresive (the audio should
be clear)

Is it possible to do this with vdr and could somebody give me a few
pointers and/or a link to a howto?

Many thanks

A Martinez