[vdr] vdr-iptv-plugin DVB subtitles problems

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Wed Sep 8 19:55:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Fake Name wrote:

> Stream 3
> Type: Subtitle
> Original ID: 7302
> Codec: DVB Subtitles (dvbs)
> Language: sloven??ina

> HBO;IPTV:110:S=0|P=0|F=UDP|U=239.1.1.151|A=5000:I:0:810=2:802=@4:7302:0:222:0:0:0

Somehow your VDR thinks that the pid 7302 is teletext and not DVB
subtitle. DVBsubs pids aren't stored into channels.conf, but always
detected dynamically.

> If I record the video with VDR and run dvbsnoop |grep 7302 (subtitles id) I get no results (dvbsnoop can't analyze live iptv streams). I also dumped the stream with mplayer and tried playing
> back the video, but there were no subtitles (record subtitles is checked in options). But because this is the first time I ran dvbsnoop and even after reading dvbsnoops man pages, I'm not sure
> if I did everything right. I'm also not very good with mplayer, so i ran with -alang, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Last time I checked the mplayer it didn't support DVBsubs, but I had to
hack the support by myself (google:
mplayer-dvbsubs-svn-20091207.patch.gz). You should really should provide
us a small piece of original multicast stream recorded with
emcast/vlc/...

BR,
--
rofa