[vdr] vdr-iptv-plugin DVB subtitles problems

Fake Name faker1a at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 21:24:20 CEST 2010

>>Stream 3

>> Type: Subtitle
>> Original ID: 7302
>> Codec: DVB Subtitles (dvbs)
>> Language: sloven??ina

>Somehow your VDR thinks that the pid 7302 is teletext and not DVB subtitle.
>DVBsubs pids aren't stored into channels.conf, but always detected dynamically.
I manualy entered the teletext pid, because I started experimenting.
VDR's channels.conf entry would be:

What suprises me, is that your plugin detects the subtitle pid Info/PIDs
correctly (thank you for your work btw).

>> If I record the video with VDR and run dvbsnoop |grep 7302 (subtitles id) I get
>>no results (dvbsnoop can't analyze live iptv streams). I also dumped the stream
>>with mplayer and tried playing
>> back the video, but there were no subtitles (record subtitles is checked in
>>options). But because this is the first time I ran dvbsnoop and even after
>>reading dvbsnoops man pages, I'm not sure
>> if I did everything right. I'm also not very good with mplayer, so i ran with
>>-alang, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

>Last time I checked the mplayer it didn't support DVBsubs, but I had to hack the
>support by myself (google: mplayer-dvbsubs-svn-20091207.patch.gz). You should
>really should provide us a small piece of original multicast stream recorded
>with emcast/vlc/...

Here is the VDR recording:
Here is the VLC recording:

I think mplayer got their act together regarding subtitle support, but I'm not
sure. I think -alang slv should work for DVBs.