[vdr] patch for crypted teletext pids

michael_kaplan at inode.at michael_kaplan at inode.at
Thu Sep 9 15:30:47 CEST 2010

Hi!

I have had a problem watching the teletext on the crypted channels "ORF1
HD" and "ORF2 HD" ... after doing some research on the web, i found out
that these two channels not only crypt their audio and video streams, but
also the teletext. (as far as I know, not even Sky/Premiere crypt their
teletext)

So I had a look into the vdr code, and found out, that in ci.c in the
function AddChannels(), only video and audio pids are added to the cam
device.

I made a small patch (which is included in this mail), which also adds the
teletext pid in case there was a tpid detected before, and now I can watch
the teletext in the ORF HD channels.

Other channels, which do only crypt audio+video, but not the teletext,
should not be affected by this patch, because the CAM module should be
intelligent enough to detect whether a ts packet is crypted or not (via
the two scrambling control bits in the ts packet header)

I wanted to ask, if it would be possible and reasonable to add this patch
to the vanilla-vdr.

Kind regards,
Michael Kaplan