No subject

Thu Sep 23 20:40:22 CEST 2010

> On 21 Sep 2010, at 16:06, support.intranet wrote:
>
> > The attached patch (for VDR 1.7.16) implements support for multituner=
 cards where only one tuner can be active at one time, the so called shar=
ed frontend cards (notably the HVR-4000 and its derivatives).
> > Currently VDR tries to open all the frontends on startup, with the re=
sult that the first frontend (usually DVB-S) works, but the second (usual=
ly DVB-T) fails with "Device or resource busy" error. The patch adds a ne=
w configuration option to setup.conf, called "OnDemand"; it defaults to 0=
 (exactly the current behaviour). If set to 1, tuners will be appropriate=
ly opened and closed when switching channels. I've tested it with the vns=
i plugin and XBMC.
> > I'd be happy if someone could review it and tell me if there is anyth=
ing to correct and if it is possible to mainline it.
> > Alberto
> > <aod.diff>_______________________________________________
> > vdr mailing list
> > vdr at linuxtv.org
>

> Ciao Alberto,
>
> Interesting work.  I live in the UK and have an HVR4000 for DVB-S.  Unf=
ortunately DVB-T reception is poor where I live (hence the satellite solu=
tion - additional multilnb to point at 28.2E and 13.0E for L'Eridita) so =
I cannot fully test this past patching and compiling which I assume will =
work as you state you have tested.

> Looking at the patch, there is something about inhibit epgscan.  I do n=
ot know much about vdr internals.  Would patching vdr and enabling the on=
demand option stop epg from updating?  A slight negative if this is the c=
ase.