[vdr] cSdtFIlter and LinkChannels

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Sep 29 15:22:26 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to understand cSdtFilter in order to write a channel scanner.

I see that when it finds a SI::NVODReferenceDescriptorTag it will add it
to the previously found channel with channel->SetLinkChannels, but it
only does if it is in the current section (channel is a local variable)
while the sdt could span several sections.

 From the specifications here

http://neuron2.net/library/mpeg2/iso13818-1.pdf

and here

http://www.dvb.org/technology/standards/a005r5.tm1324r13.tr101211.v1.10.1.pdf

I don't understand if this mechanism is correct, shouldn't the
"time_shifted_services" link to the "NVOD_reference"?
Besides, I don't see that the relation between a channels and its
linkchannels is preserved in channels.conf (though I don't really care).

I also see that cSdtFilter starts processing with the first section, and
that shouldn't really be necessary as long as one processes all sections.

Bye
--
Luca