No subject

Thu Sep 23 20:40:22 CEST 2010

&quot;Executing commands before and after a recording:<br>
------------------------------------------------<br>
You can use the &#39;-r&#39; option to define a program or script that gets=
 called<br>
before and after a recording is performed, and after an editing process<br>
has finished.<br>
The program will be called with two string parameters. The first parameter<=
br>
is one of<br>
 =A0before =A0 =A0 =A0if this is *before* a recording starts<br>
 =A0after =A0 =A0 =A0 if this is *after* a recording has finished<br>
 =A0edited =A0 =A0 =A0if this is after a recording has been *edited*<br>
and the second parameter contains the full name of the recording&#39;s<br>
directory (which may not yet exists at that moment in the &quot;before&quot=
; case).<br>
In the &quot;edited&quot; case it will be the name of the edited version.<b=
r>
Within this program you can do anything you would like to do before and/or<=
br>
after a recording or after an editing process. However, the program must re=
turn<br>
as soon as possible, because otherwise it will block further execution of V=
DR.<br>
Be especially careful to make sure the program returns before the watchdog<=
br>
timeout you may have set up with the &#39;-w&#39; option! If the operation =
you want to<br>
perform will take longer, you will have to run it as a background job.<div>=
&quot;<br>
On 2010.10.14. 13:01, Arturo Martinez wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I have the following bash script:<br>
chinapod.sh<br>
#!/bin/sh<br>
/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i $1 -s 320x240 -r 23.97 -vcodec wmv2 -acodec wmav2 -ab<br=

160k ${1%\.*}.asf<br>
=A0From a bash prompt I run chinapod 000001.ts and it converts the<br>
recording happily to the desired format.<br>
Could somebody tell me how could I implement this within vdr, so I<br>
select &#39;Commands&#39; and then the file to be converted and either it c=
alls<br>
the bash script to do the job or otherwise converts it using the same<br>
parameters?<br>
I am using vdr 1.7.15<br>