[vdr] AAC LATM audio issue on dvb-t israeli service

Barak Nahari naharib at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:54:38 CEST 2011

I'd allot of advancement setting vdr with dvb-t services, the last issue is
aac latm related.

I'm using vdr 1.7.18-11,  vnsiserver plugin, streamdev plugin.
Installed them from yaVDR testing-vdr ppa at https://launchpad.net/~yavdr

I don't get any audio on xbmc using the vnsi plugin.
On vlc i can get audio while playing the stream from the streamdev server.

The audio seems to be encoded as aac latm.
A link for the entire stream (saved with vlc)
http://www.2shared.com/file/wEdFKfZy/test.html

I've been googling a little and found a similar problem with NZ dvb-t
service on the August 2009 archives
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-August/021050.html

Can this be fixed on vdr side?

Thanks.