[vdr] Transfer mode vs TS playback: any difference in TS streams for vdr.1.7.19?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Aug 6 13:27:54 CEST 2011

On 11.07.2011 22:50, Udo Richter wrote:
> Am 11.07.2011 18:12, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>> On 11.07.2011, at 03:21, Laz<laz at club-burniston.co.uk>  wrote:
>>> Before I dig into buffers, etc., is there any difference between
>>> the streams sent to PlayTS in transfer mode and in playback? I see that
>>> transfer mode generates a PAT/PMT on the fly and passes the stream
>>> directly to PlayTs.
>>
>> In Transfer Mode onlx one single PAT/PMT is generated at the very start of it,
>> while a recording contains a PAT/PMT at the beginning of every GOP.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't transfer mode receive PCR clock
> data, while playback is without PCR clock?

Since VDR version 1.7.12 the PCR packets are recorded and replayed, and
also used in Transfer Mode:

2010-01-31: Version 1.7.12

- The PCR pid is now recorded for channels where this is different from the video
   PID. To facilitate this, the interfaces of cTransfer, cTransferControl, cRecorder
   and cReceiver have been modified, so that the PIDs are no longer given in separate
   parameters, but rather the whole channel is handed down for processing. The old
   constructor of cReceiver is still available, but it is recommended to plugin authors
   that they switch to the new interface as soon as possible.
   When replaying such a recording, the PCR packets are sent to PlayTsVideo()

Klaus