[vdr] UK FreeviewHD and VDR

Johan Andersson jna at jna.pp.se
Fri Aug 12 14:38:41 CEST 2011

DVB-T2 has entered Sweden too, so I'm interested in this topic too.

AFAIK there is only two DVB-T2 gadgets, the nanoStick and Blackgolds
BGT3620, none have mainstream working Linux drivers yet.

I currently stream MUMUDVB(Multicast) -> VDR-IPTV from server to client
with EPG imported by XMLTV. This works decently and allows a small
silent ION-box in the living room. It also allows multiple VDR and other
clients watching DVB data from the same PCI card in the server.

Given this, I lean to the BGT3620 dual DVB-T2 tuner, over the nanoStick.

On the ION-box I run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and install everything from
yavdr's repos with VDPAU, xineliboutput etc. working 'out of the box'. I
simply do not have the time , and there is no WAF for long experiments
with the living room TV, to do anything else.

/Johan

Laz skrev 2011-08-12 10:42:

> On Thursday 11 Aug 2011, Chris Rankin wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>

> > I currently use VDR to watch Freeview in the UK, and it works great

[...]