[vdr] epgsearch plugin memory leak

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 20 12:31:42 CEST 2011

Dear Richard,

Am Samstag, den 20.08.2011, 11:18 +0100 schrieb Richard F:

> [ Apologies for using this list - the epgsearch bugtracker is broken ]
>
> I've been tracking down memory leaks on my server and narrowed down a
> significant leak in the epgsearch plugin
> Approx 500 megs / week is lost - recovered by restarting vdr.  I'd like
> to reduce this obviously.
> I updated from 0.9.24 to 0.9.25 beta 22 from git as a fix for a memory
> leak was mentioned in the changelog, but the leak is still about the
> same.  If I remove the plugin from the command line, there is no
> significant leak.  Attached plot shows.

I do not know much about that, but regarding memory leaks I heard about
Valgrind [1][2]. Maybe that will help you to narrow that down. But the
developers will probably be able to tell you more.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Could you please send just plain text messages to mailing lists
[3][4].

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Valgrind
[2] http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/QuickStart.html
[3] http://www.asciiribbon.org/