[vdr] sxfe and vsync

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 18:01:47 CET 2011

When using NVidia graphics cards and the proprietary driver I find
vdr-sxfe looks quite smooth even with a monitor that only supports 60Hz.
I think it's been syncing to the vertical blank "automagically". But
with other graphics cards I get a lot of tearing which is marring my
viewing pleasure. This is happening both with Intel Sandy Bridge (normal
monitor) and a Radeon 5450 with fglrx connected to a TV. The free ati
driver isn't a practical option on that because the HDMI audio doesn't
work with it. I'm using the xv output in each case. Is there a way to
make vdr-sxfe sync to the vertical blank with these cards/drivers?