[vdr] Garbage time and date

Stuart Morris stuart_morris at talk21.com
Tue Nov 8 10:43:55 CET 2011

I have set my VDR to update the system clock and this has been working
well for many years now. However I recently had a problem with my DVB-T
antenna system causing bad reception and it really screwed up the system
clock, ocasionally changing to the wrong date and time. I verified this
by looking at the system log.

I thought DVB packets were checked for integrity with a checksum.
How could this happen? Could it be that the shear volume of corrupted packets means that a simple checksum is not robust enough?

Thanks