[vdr] femon request; historic data

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Fri Nov 11 08:05:36 CET 2011

2011.11.11. 3:14 keltezéssel, Torgeir Veimo írta:
> Am wondering if it would be hard to enhance the femon plugin to show a
> graph of signal quality and correction statistics?
> Basically, a histogram with STR, SNR, BER and UNC, so that one doesn't
> have to oogle the screen constantly to see how signal quality changes.
> Even better if it was possible to trigger such monitoring without the
> femon display showing.

I think this would be possible with a small script getting the current
femon status via svdrp (plug femon sgnl/snra) and put this data into an
rrd database, from where you can easily generate nice looking graphs.
You should run the script at let's say every 5 minutes or so using crontab.

I'm doing the same for logging my system health status.