[vdr] femon request; historic data

L. Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Sun Nov 13 14:50:04 CET 2011

Am 11.11.2011 08:05, schrieb Füley István:
> 2011.11.11. 3:14 keltezéssel, Torgeir Veimo írta:
>> Am wondering if it would be hard to enhance the femon plugin to show a
>> graph of signal quality and correction statistics?
>>
>> Basically, a histogram with STR, SNR, BER and UNC, so that one doesn't
>> have to oogle the screen constantly to see how signal quality changes.
>>
>> Even better if it was possible to trigger such monitoring without the
>> femon display showing.
>>

> I think this would be possible with a small script getting the current femon status via svdrp (plug femon sgnl/snra) and
> put this data into an rrd database, from where you can easily generate nice looking graphs. You should run the script at
> let's say every 5 minutes or so using crontab.
>
> I'm doing the same for logging my system health status.
> http://fuley.ro/cgi-bin/sensord.cgi

  Just a little "advertising" for my dbus2vdr plugin:
  https://github.com/flensrocker/vdr-plugin-dbus2vdr

  With this, you can get data from plugins with dbus calls which wouldn't block the svdrp service and are executed in
its own thread.

  dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=de.tvdr.vdr \
             --print-reply /Plugins/<pluginname> \
             de.tvdr.vdr.plugin.SVDRPCommand string:'command' string:'parameter'

  From python is calling a dbus method a lot easier (I heard), but haven't tried it own my own.

  Don't forget to configure the system bus so the calling user is allowed to access it for the vdr-dbus-service, for an
example please look at
  https://github.com/flensrocker/vdr-plugin-dbus2vdr/blob/master/etc/de.tvdr.vdr.conf

Regards,
Lars.