[vdr] VDR and Hybrid DVB Cards ( was "HVR 4000 drivers broken - adapter0/frontend1 busy" in linux-media list )

L. Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Thu Nov 17 18:43:49 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 17.11.2011 11:02, schrieb Hawes, Mark:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Thanks for the patch.
> Basically, it seems to work for the HVR 4000. Both front ends are
> detected successfully, and both can be used. I'm using it with the
> xineliboutput plugin and it seems to co-exist OK.

  Nice to hear.

> Starting a recording on one prevents a channel switch to the other with
> the "Channel not available message". However, when doing so the screen
> goes black and its necessary to retune the recorded channel to get the
> picture back. Not a big issue, more an annoyance.

  Ok, I will try to reproduce this. It may be (since the device hasn't changed) vdr is thinking that it's showing an
available channel or something like this.

> I'll be playing with it in the next couple of days including introducing
> a SD premium card into the mix to see what happens. Is there anything in
> particular that you would like me to try?

  I haven't made too much thoughts about tests. Maybe we can work on a checklist together.

  use cases:
- live viewing with switching channels between frontends
- timer recording starts while viewing live tv on the other frontend
- timer conflicts with different priorities on the different frontends
- streamdev-client/-server?
- ...?

  It looks like the HVR 4000 has no CI. At the moment I don't have access to cards with decryption hardware, too.
  And I'm not too familiar with this part of the vdr (ci/cam etc.).

Lars.