[vdr] xine dropped frames warning

Arturo Martinez martinez at embl.de
Sat Nov 19 16:04:56 CET 2011

Hello,

I lauch xine with this line:

xine --no-gui --no-logo --no-splash -pq -A alsa -f -V xxmc --post vdr
--post vdr_video --post
tvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,enabled=1,pulldown=vektor,framerate_mode=full,judder_correction=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=0,chroma_filter=0,cheap_mode=0
--config=/home/config vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

This works well but ocassionally the system is busy and I get a warning
that too many frames have been dropped

In my /home/config file I have:

engine.performance.warn_discarded_threshold:99
engine.performance.warn_skipped_threshold:99

Is there some way I can make sure I get no such warnings?
The PC has only a remote control, no mouse so it is a real problem to
get these warnings

I wouldn´t mind to recompile the source code if somebody could point out
a patch to remove the xine´s code for the warning boxes