[vdr] dropping broken PES packet

Vidar Tyldum vidar at tyldum.com
Fri Nov 25 12:23:43 CET 2011

After upgrading to 1.7.21 I have started having these issues where the
picture freezes on the frontend from time to time. It can last from 30
seconds to several minutes. Looking at the log I see these errors repeating
themselves:
vdr-sxfe[9003]: [9014] [demux_vdr] ts2es: payload not PES ?
vdr-sxfe[9003]: [9014] [demux_vdr] ts2es: dropping broken PES packet

VDR itself is not logging anything particular when this happens, despite
being at loglevel 3.

I tried just streaming to VLC and the same thing happends, which means it's
nota frontend issue. I cannot open the OSD when the problem is 'active'.

If the watchdog is enabled it will cause a restart of VDR.

If the picture comes back before the watchdog kicks inn I get:
vdr-sxfe[31073]: [31111] [demux_vdr] New PTS: 7275023756 (VIDEO)

Any ideas on how to proceed to debug this?

Source is DVB-C, 1.7.17 was my previous version where I did not have this
issue. Using precompiled packages from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/yavdr/stable-vdr/ubuntu

--
Vidar Tyldum