[vdr] vdr-checkts + vdrnfofs

Holger Altenburg vdrholger at my.tempmessage.de
Tue Oct 4 17:35:47 CEST 2011

Hello Tobias,

On 02.10.2011 23:21, Tobi wrote:

> Just in case someone finds them useful, I've just put two tiny tools online:

> vdr-nfofs: A Fuse file system for VDR recordings, mapping them to
> *.mpg/*.nfo files
>
> http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdrnfofs.git/
> http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdrnfofs.git/tree/README
> http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdrnfofs.git/snapshot/vdrnfofs-0.7.tar.gz

very nice, indeed.

Just for your readme-file. I had to install python-setuptools and not
only python-fuse. (Debian Squeeze/e-tobi.net) and I had to set the
allow_other option in the mount-command in order to get permission to
the files for non-root-users. It was no help to add this users to the
fuse-group.

Unfortunately my vlc-player on Windows does not show timestamps
(current/total time) of the video like it is on the originating
ts-files. I had hoped that this was gone with the mpg so I could use the
jump-buttons (10sec/1min) in vlc.

Is there any chance of a possibility, that vdrnfofs could modify the mpg
so the timestamps will work?

Nevertheless, great job, once again, Tobi. I am very happy to have this one.

--
Holger