[vdr] Wanted VDR xineliboutput client

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Tue Oct 18 20:27:53 CEST 2011

I bought 2 years ago Zotac IONITX-A-E motherboard which came with atom
CPU and nvidia gpu, at that time it cost about 200 euro.

I use it only for web browsing, vdr-client (with vdr-xineliboutput)
and music listening purposes and for that kind of things the device
works like a charm. With SD material the cpu load is about 10-20 %, when
I have VDPAU support enabled. (I think it was about 60-80% without VDPAU.)

I made the small case myself and have I have 12" fan running in it in
the slowest speed and the case/cpu/gpu temperatures remains under 50 c.

Suspend/resume works ok at least with Mandriva 2010.2. (I have
configured from the gnome control center the device to suspend if nobody
is using it for 3 hours)

The only problem I have at the moment is a good infrared or bt remote
controller for the device. I currently have Ione Scorpius P20 keyboard
with internal mouse, but it's quality is not very good. I have
considered of switching it to prodige NanoX or some USB/infrared remote
if somebody could suggest a good one...

Mika