[vdr] FreeviewHD compressed EPG

Dominic Morris dom at suborbital.org.uk
Tue Oct 25 15:39:46 CEST 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, Dominic Evans wrote:
> On 25 October 2011 14:27, Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:54:36 +0100 (BST)
>> Dominic Morris <dom at suborbital.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Complete tables are here:
>>>
>>> http://rst38.org.uk/vdr/freesat_tables_complete.zip
>>
>> Those are the ones with holes in aren't they? Stuart Morris said he had
>> to "port" the tables from eepg.
>
> No, I believe EEPG took these exact tables from the same source(s) as
> Dom got them. Its just the freesat.diff hadn't been updated to contain
> the complete tables 'in-patch'.

That's correct. The ones in the patch are those deduced through
observation, there's an updated version of those here:
http://rst38.org.uk/vdr/freesat_tables_20081027.zip Those files are
completely legitimate.

The "complete tables" were extracted from an OTA firmware upgrade and are
complete. They may have dubious legality.

cheers,

dom