[vdr] VDR segfault with cable provider Unitymedia (DE)

Juergen Judt chuck-vdr at nikmo.de
Tue Oct 25 21:25:11 CEST 2011

Zitat von Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de>:

> Am 25.10.2011 01:41, schrieb Juergen Judt:
>> I have problems with the VDR because I get segfaults every ~5-10 minutes.
>> Similar problems are also reported in the VDR-Portal -->
>> www.vdr-portal.de/board60-linux/board14-betriebssystem/board69-c-t-vdr/p1025768-segfault-mit-vdr-1-7-21/?highlight=#post1025768
> The reason seems to be that for some reason d->getDescriptorNumber()
> is greater than d->getLastDescriptorNumber().
> Did you try the patch that Zabrimus posted on Oct 11? It doesn't fix
> the invalid descriptor number, but at least it handles the bug
> gracefully and doesn't crash any more.
> Cheers,
> Udo

No I didn't try the fix, for me it was temp. enough to set the update
channel to "Names and PIDs".
I did not saw in the Portal thread, that you have already inform
Klaus. So that I thought I post this issue to the VDR mailing list, to
test maybe something and to solve this problem maybe in the next VDR