[vdr] reencode/transcode to(!) vdr

M. Fiegert ml11 at trigfee.de
Thu Oct 27 20:26:13 CEST 2011

Hello,

can anybody please point me to some examples how to transcode/reencode
to vdr format (ts or pes if necessary)?
I found a lot of convert scripts, mencoder commandlines, ... to
transcode from vdr to eg mp4. Unfortunatly I could not find anything for
the opposite direction :-(

How can I go the other way round (to view external files in vdr with the
same comfort as native recordings) or reencode recordings (to compress
pes and ts mpeg recordings to h264 with lower resolution - you don't
need full picture quality on an archive of political discussions for
example).
I could not find a mencoder option to output ts. I guess i need to
encode with mencoder and then remux with some other tool?

Thanks for any link

Michael