[vdr] Launching vdr + xineliboutput at startup

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Mon Oct 31 09:07:10 CET 2011

Le vendredi 28 octobre 2011 à 22:59 +0200, Damien Bally a écrit :
> I'm making some kind of embedded vdr distribution based on busybox and
> minimal X11, the problem is I have no idea of how I can launch vdr and
> xineliboutput at startup.

What I recently did, based on Debian + e-tobi + minimal X11 + vdr-sxfe:
* use nodm to auto-log-in and launch X11 (tweak /etc/default/nodm), and
relaunch in case of crash
* create a simple /var/lib/vdr/.xsession to run xcompmgr and vdr-sxfe
with proper options
* comment-out a few useless lines in /etc/X11/Xsession.options
* standard output and errors lies in /var/lib/vdr/.xsession-errors

--
NH