[vdr] XBMC / VNSI discontinued?

Steffen Barszus steffenbpunkt at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 4 11:41:00 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 23:09:10 +0100
Dominic Evans <oldmanuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have more detailed info? It seems pipelka has 'announced' that
> the VNSI addon is discontinued in favour of his own new XVDR addon.

In fact he only did half a comment at github - thats all we know.

"I forked my own project to get back full control. Thats all i want to
say on that topic currently. "

so it could be just git handling related. Or not - don't know.

> However, opdenkamp/dushmaniac doesn't look too happy about this
> situation...
> http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=877324&postcount=7

i don't know what happened and what not - i prefer to wait a few days to
let things clear up. For me that looks like an over-reaction based on
assumptions, which are not valid - on both sides possibly.

> How does this effect plans for yaVDR 0.4? Is someone already working
> on deb packaging of this new addon?

no effect at 0.4 - whatever works best will be default - current delays
are caused more by summer vacations then by anything else.

New plugin is already packaged (in unstable/development repos at
least). For the add-on i am not sure. Not sure someone tried it yet.