[vdr] eepg plugin + UK freeviewHD = }?Ln??X??Z?Z

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Sat Sep 17 21:49:58 CEST 2011

On Saturday 17 September 2011 20:32:48 Stuart Morris wrote:
> I have installed the EEPG plugin from the experimental branch;
> http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-eepg/repository/show?rev=exp
> erimental (last revision was 26/08/2011), but I am getting gibberish in the
> EPG for the FreeviewHD channels.
>
> Does anyone know of a fix for this?

That's exactly what I was getting when I tried it a couple of weeks back: it
didn't seem to touch the EPG for the HD channels (which are encoded) but I
also saw it trying to decode the EPG for other channels so I was seeing
gibberish creeping in at random for other channels.

I gave up for now because I can only currently play back HD stuff "off line" on
a beefier machine!

As I understand it, it's all just meant to work.

Cheers,

Laz