[vdr] ERROR: video data stream broken

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Mon Sep 19 22:44:01 CEST 2011

On 19.09.2011 18:31, L. Hanisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 19.09.2011 14:13, schrieb Steffen Barszus:
>> You might want to check dynamite plugin. If you have different drivers
>> for the different cards you can let it reload that specific driver.
>> If you just want to kick out that tuner until the next reboot (or
>> whatever), thats possible too.
>
> That's true for devices which deliver no data for a while in the GetTSPacket method. But if it's the epg-scan, just the demux device is used (if I'm right). Then the "GetTSWatchdog" won't be triggered.

As much as I like the EPG scan, I usually have it turned off because
I think the driver gets rather unstable when VDR often switches
channels and maybe hits transponders that don't carry any signal.
What's especially unstable is the CAM situation. I have two CAMs
in my VDR (connected to budget cards) and quite often the connection
to the CAMs is lost, to a point where not even a CAM reset (from the
Setup/CAM menu) helps any more. I have to pull the CAM, wait a few seconds
and then insert it again. When the driver is in such an unstable state,
a recording on that device will usually fail, and VDR performs an
"emergency exit".

Klaus