[vdr] Recent breakage of DVB subtitles with dxr3

Mika Iisakkila vdrstuff at pingrid.fi
Sun Apr 1 13:15:39 CEST 2012

1.4.2012 13:04, Pasi Kärkkäinen kirjoitti:
> Yep, it was from Fedora. You could always check the Fedora src.rpm
> for any extra patches they might have there..
>
>> I'll gladly receive a current, relevant reference that will tell
>> me how to use the em8300 drivers on current Ubuntu without
>> recompiling the kernel. It takes 18(!) hours of CPU time on my
>> VDR box.
>>

> I think your best bet is to post to dxr3-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> mailinglist, I think all (most) the em8300 developers are there..

Well, I googled a bit more, and it seems the actual problem is
in dxr3-plugin, not the drivers. The plugin is only able to
use OSS (as of Dec.2008, anyway). I'm not willing to waste time
fighting with semi-functional compatibility layers, so I'll just
keep using my own kernel. Next time I'll configure out all the
unneeded junk before compiling, though :D

--mika