[vdr] Filesystem hierachy standard patch needs review.

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 02:13:22 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Christopher Reimer
<c.reimer1993 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2012/4/8 VDR User <user.vdr at gmail.com>
>>
>> I know several people who set their directories on the command line
>> and ignore maintaining Make.config completely so it's not true
>> everyone uses Make.config.
>
> OK, that could be possible, although I don't understand why.

For me personally, I set these things (and many others) in my
(multi-purpose) tv script so I have most settings in one place. I
prefer consolidating when possible simply because it's easier to
maintain in my opinion. Any time I update VDR for example, I don't
have to worry about modifying or copying an archived Make.config. I
just compile the source, set my /vdr symlink to it and "tv restart".

Cheers