[vdr] Quiet times...

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at netenviron.com
Mon Aug 6 15:22:26 CEST 2012

On 6 August 2012 17:04, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
> It's been rather quiet on the VDR mailing list lately, but I guess
> everybody (like myself) is enjoying the summer and engaged in outdoor
> activities...

Ok, I'll bite..

I assume this idea for recorded program structure might have been
considered at one point:

Instead of individual program recordings, store a single recording per
channel, with individual program recordings being pointers into this
per-channel recording. Not necessarily a continuous 24h recording,
only the actual periods for which a recording has been requested, but
still in a single recording.

This would make it much easier eg. to continue playback of something,
when a recorded program ends, and there's another program scheduled
after, that you also recorded.

It could also allow 'browsing back in time' eg viewing the EPG for
yesterday, with a recording symbol next to the programs that were
actually recorded.

Also, it would avoid data duplication. An 'export to file' function
could of course be available.

--
-Tor