[vdr] ATSC scanning support request

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Tue Aug 28 22:05:45 CEST 2012

Yes, and there are programs that can capture part of a stream to a file
to examine. So you don't need access to the stream to see where the
broadcasters are failing to follow the FCC set standards. I think
Dvbsnoop is one and I have compiled, though I only used it once or twice
several years ago.

I think the plugin dev once said it is likely that the reason I don't
get data sometimes is because there is some flag to set that there is
data and they don't set it. The converter boxes and TV's ignore the flag
and go look for the data.