[vdr] vdr on AllWinner A10, possible or madness?

Oliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Mon Dec 3 10:33:15 CET 2012

You probably should ask this also in the linux-sunxi mailling list.
While I cannot answer all questions for you, I can tell you that video
decoding could be problematic for now. The A10 has a proprietary video
decoder for HD stuff. There is support for XBMC from empat0 and someone
is working on vlc +libcedarx support, but that's it. VDR can use xine
amongst other softpipes and that is not supported yet to my knowledge.
VDR backend with XBMC frontend however could work. Your DVB device has
kernel support and should be compilable.