[vdr] vdr on AllWinner A10, possible or madness?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:27:08 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Marx <acc.for.news at gmail.com> wrote:
>> uses between 80-150W of power. Much heat and noise, and cost :-).
>> Therefore
>> I was looking for a more power-eficient system.
>
> You can buy Celeron G540 or similair on 1150 platform cheaply. It is energy
> efficient and run everything.

Sorry, but that isn't good enough. SoC will easily beat your
suggestion in energy efficiency, low cost, footprint, etc.

> Other platforms are cool but I'm afraid you can have problems with drivers

You can have problems with drivers in general, but everything can work
fine too. The possibility of a driver problem, that may be fixed, is
no excuse to run away from alternatives. For example, the Raspberry Pi
is crippled in many ways and has all kinds of bugs that need to be
worked out.. yet people are still successfully using it as a fairly
stable XBMC/media player.