[vdr] adjust range of snr bar at bottom of vdr screen?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:16:55 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de> wrote:
> It's a real pitty that the DVB drivers don't provide a standardized way of
> getting signal strength and quality. They all deliver some bogus values
> in various different ranges, which are pretty useless to applications.

This very subject has been discussed at least a few times on the
linux-media mailing list but unfortunately nothing has even been
finalized and implemented. I can't remember why now -- probably people
disagreeing on what metric to use or some other stupid reason that
shouldn't hold it back from getting done once and for all. I
personally think it's worth bringing up again, but someone else can do
it. I've already done that myself a couple times.