[vdr] Reserve device for Live-Tv

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Wed Dec 19 14:02:32 CET 2012

On 19.12.2012 13:52, Ingo Prochaska wrote:
> Am 19.12.2012 10:36, schrieb EikeSauer at t-online.de:
>>
>> clue how to accomblish this...
>> There's a define LIVEPRIORITY somewhere in the code. If you would
>> set it to MAXPRIORITY and recompile, you might get what you need.
>> Recorders couldn't claim the device used for live viewing becausethey
>> would have lower priority. Disclaimer: I didn't try it.
>>
>> Ciao,
>>    Eike
>>
> After a first test: it works. I have three devices - I started two live-recordings and generated a timer within the next 3 minutes watching a fourth transponder. When the timer should kick in nothing happens. So far - so great.
>
> But really nothing happens: no channelswitch - but also no conflict warning or any info about not serving the timer. So this might be the first step in direction to solve this (social ;) ) problem. Perhaps a LIVEPRIORITY of 98 makes sense here, so that you can configure timers that are more
> important then viewing live TV.
>
> Klaus, I understand that you do not want to introduce more features before 2.0 and I understand that this is a very marginal issue. But if you have an idea, how to get vdr to spill a message about this situation, I would be very glad if you could help us people with too many timers out.

Well, since I won't adopt any such change (mainly because it makes things more
complex than they already are) I'm afraid you're on your own here.
You might want to look at

               if (!cRecordControls::Start(Timer))
                  Timer->SetPending(true);
               else
                  LastTimerChannel = Timer->Channel()->Number();
               }

in vdr.c, where SetPending() is called. If you want to issue a message
whenever a timer can't start, that might be a place to dig in.

Klaus