[vdr] Reserve device for Live-Tv

Ingo Prochaska nvertigo at gmx.de
Fri Dec 21 13:20:13 CET 2012

Hello,

Am 19.12.2012 14:02, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Well, since I won't adopt any such change (mainly because it makes
> things more
> complex than they already are) I'm afraid you're on your own here.
> You might want to look at
>
>               if (!cRecordControls::Start(Timer))
>                  Timer->SetPending(true);
>               else
>                  LastTimerChannel = Timer->Channel()->Number();
>               }
>
> in vdr.c, where SetPending() is called. If you want to issue a message
> whenever a timer can't start, that might be a place to dig in.

yes, a first test shows it that works here. Then I've tried to check the
code and the interaction between epgsearch (timerconflict) and vdr to
implement a timerconflict warning on 2 different transponders (with 3
cards available) and stumbled over code I did not have a clue, what it
does...

To come to an end (remember it's December, the 21st in 2012!), I decided
to believe in "keep it simple", and just push the priority for live
recordings and use the pausebutton for important broadcastings.

Thanx Klaus and thanx to everybody for the suggestions - if I decide to
dig deeper in the "premature" timerconfict warning I will report.

Regards, Ingo