Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Dec 27 18:48:47 CET 2012

Am 27.12.2012 14:43, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> If you want to use your "hardlink cutter" with recent versions of VDR,
> you could simply patch out the calls to DanglingPacketStripper.Process(),
> GetPendingPackets() and ptsFixer.Fix() in
> cCuttingThread::ProcessSequence().
> There will be no fixing of timestamps and continuity counters then, but I
> guess you don't need that, anyway...

Its probably a bit more tricky than that, as the exact definition of
editing marks has changed. (eg. two marks at same place, including the
ending GOP, etc.)
It needs a proper rewrite from scratch to get at least the old style
back, and my time is way to limited.

A pragmatic quick-hack I've thought of was to set up a recording command
that launches an old VDR version's command line editing call. It also
handles editing marks the old style though.

Cheers,

Udo