[vdr] [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

Helmut Auer vdr at helmutauer.de
Fri Dec 28 00:43:47 CET 2012

> If I don't accept patches, I'm blamed for slowing down development.
> If I do accept a patch that causes a little work to adapt to (but
> looks promising in the long run), I'm being offended by being compared
> to Louis XIV. I guess you just can't win 'em all...
You're absolutely right here.
The problem behind is that there are about 250 working plugins for VDR and about 200 of these
are only maintained by the distributors.
So its a lot of work for all distributors to patch these plugins to get those running again.
(And I would prefer for my distri to patch VDR instead of fixing these plugin Makefiles)
But you don't have to care about this, the distributors are using many patches :)
Helmut Auer, helmut at helmutauer.de