[vdr] [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

Gero geronimo013 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 10:07:27 CET 2012

On Friday 28 December 2012 - 09:29:01, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Well, Linus apparently has very strong feelings about this.
> However, nowhere in that posting does it say
>
>    IF YOU BREAK USERSPACE I HATE YOU AND YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON

I guess, most of confusion and frictions comes from the fact, that you use c++
as programming language, but you don't code c++ and you don't think as a c++-
developer.

Same - you developed a linux app, but you don't care about linux standards.

Your behaviour is like a windows coder, that is forced to work on a linux box.
There are lots of issues, raised from *you* being bullheaded and ignorant to
community and their standards.

*That's your right* - as vdr is your baby and I support your right of being
the way you like to be.

... but I don't support you being astonished and mock about people that like
and follow standards.

kind regards

Gero