[vdr] [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Sat Dec 29 12:45:15 CET 2012

Udo Richter wrote:
> Being actively developed and being needed are two different things. I wouldn't
> want to drop all the plugins that aren't under active development any more, as
> this would probably be true for 2/3 of my plugins.

If there is really a need for that special unsupported plugin, then the best way
to go would be that at least one of all those distributions, who currently
maintains that plugin, "republishes" it somewhere (AFAIR
projects.vdr-developer.org was invented for that?).

First step could be to apply all those patches that are required to get the
plugin to work with current VDR *developer* versions.

If a plugin really is still needed by a bigger group of people, then it
definitively needs to be maintained at some *central* place. It doesn't help if
every distribution creates their own patches. It's much better to cooperate!

Yours

Manuel