[vdr] IS there a working UPnP-AV/DLNA support for VDR?

Teemu Suikki tsuikki at zuik.org
Thu Feb 16 11:55:39 CET 2012

Howdy!

There is an installation instructions for vdr-plugin-upnp here:
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Upnp-plugin

I also installed libupnp-1.6.6 with this dlna patch:
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/VDR-M7x0/trunk/toolchain/patches/libupnp/1.6.6/dlna/100-CustomHeader.0.0.3.patch

I'm using the plugin with VDR 1.7.15 and Playstation3. PS3 detects the
VDR correctly, but there are no recordings or live channels available,
it's just all empty.

When looking at the log file (with -vvvvv), i see this:

UPnP server message: Browse requested by 192.168.0.201.
UPnP server message: ===== Browsing =====
UPnP server message: ID: 0
UPnP server message: Browse metadata
UPnP server message: Filter:
@id,upnp:class,res,res at protocolInfo,res at av:authenticationUri,res at size,dc:title,upnp:albumArtURI,res at dlna:ifoFileURI,res at protection,res at bitrate,res at duration,res at sampleFrequency,res at bitsPerSample,res at nrAudioChannels,res at resolution,res at colorDepth,dc:date,av:dateTime,upnp:artist,upnp:album,upnp:genre,dc:contributer,upnp:storageFree,upnp:storageUsed,upnp:originalTrackNumber,dc:publisher,dc:language,dc:region,dc:description,upnp:toc, at childCount,upnp:albumArtURI at dlna:profileID,res at dlna:cleartextSize

UPnP server message: Offset: 0
UPnP server message: Count: 1
UPnP server message: Sort: (null)
UPnP server message: Pushing property
UPnP server message: Pushing property
UPnP server message: Pushing property
UPnP server message: Pushing property
UPnP server message: Pushing property
UPnP server error:Parsing filter failed

--
Teemu

2012/2/12 Timothy D. Lenz <tlenz at vorgon.com>:
> I'm interested in this also, but we have 2 Sony Bravias. Hacking the Tv not
> an option.  I do know that on ours, for youtube, you can do searches and
> stuff using an on screen alphabet that follows the letter to number grouping
> you see on phones. So it does have a way to enter stuff.
>

> On 2/10/2012 1:43 PM, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>
>> Al 10/02/12 18:07, En/na Pim Zandbergen ha escrit:
>>>
>>> I suppose you could use mediatomb with vdrnfofs to share your recordings.
>>

>> Or hack the TV to simply nfs mount the directory with the recordings
>>

>> Bye

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/