[vdr] Prefer non-CI equipped adapters for FTA channel recording

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Thu Feb 23 10:30:16 CET 2012

On 23.02.2012 10:21, Heikki Manninen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:26, Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de>  wrote:
>
>> On 23.02.2012 06:47, Heikki Manninen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, here's my current setup:
>>>
>>> 1 x Satelco DVB-C Budget with CI + CAM (Conax CIv1)
>>> 1 x Satelco DVB-C Bidget wuthout CI
>>>
>>> When recording FTA channels VDR seems to sometimes select the one adapter
>>> with CI. It would make sense to always try to use non-CI equipped adapter
>>> for these recordings leaving the one with CI free for live viewing/recording
>>> encrypted channels.
>>>
>>> Any way to achieve this through configuration?
>>

>> Actually VDR is supposed to avoid devices with CI for FTA recordings:
>>
>>   imp<<= 1; imp |= NumUsableSlots ? 0 : device[i]->HasCi(); // avoid cards
>> with Common Interface for FTA channels
>>
>> If this doesn't work on your system, you may want to debug the function
>>
>>   cDevice::GetDevice(const cChannel *Channel, int Priority, bool LiveView)
>>
>> to see why it selects sich a device when it shouldn't.
>
> Ok, will do.
>
> Before I had a CI with both Satelco cards but only one of them had the
> actual CAM installed. Would that have caused problems?

I don't think so.

> Could it be that if the other card is busy doing live viewing or
> transponder scanning, VDR selects the CI-enabled device for recording?
> I would still prefer the non-CI device even if it would cause retuning
> of the channel that is being viewed.

Live viewing should not stop VDR from using a device that has a CI for
recording an FTA channel. However, if there is a cReceiver attached to
the on-CI device for any reason, that might keep it from being used.

Just check what's actually happening in the GetDevice() function.

Klaus